In August I will start in a new job at 'Forum for Samfundets Beredskab'. The rest of this update is an excerpt from their homepage: Samfundetsberedskab.dk
Forum for Civil Protection and Emergency Planning (FSB) is an independent interdisciplinary body who works within areas of community preparedness, including police, fire and rescue, the prehospital EMS, defence, etc.
- To focus on community preparedness as a generic term, in the joint effort to continuously secure the country.
- To focus on the changing conditions community preparedness is facing, and how the changes affect the actors who work within the fields of community preparedness.
- To focus on the need for developing the existing training programs in community preparedness. But also to strengthen and raise the current standard of training, and to assess opportunities for new relevant training and/or programs.
- To focus on areas where cooperation between actors in society’s preparedness can be enhanced in order to create better conditions at the scene of an incident.
FSB’s task is to:
- Do analysis and research work, by publishing papers, memos and reports, etc. for community preparedness.
- Plan and offer relevant professional seminars and conferences for those involved in community preparedness and to offer lectures on relevant topics and issues based on community preparedness.
- Plan study trips and excursions, and thereby creating an opportunity for those involved in community preparedness to share their knowledge and
To fulfill the above mentioned objectives and assignments FSB places much emphasis on cooperation with various actors in community preparedness.
Fulfilling these objectives can be done by doing research or by planning and organization events, events like the country’s national 1-1-2 days every year at the 11 th of February, or other conferences, seminars, etc.